Tizen Studio for RT allows you to easily develop and test your RT application:
- Install Tizen Studio for RT on your computer.
- Manage the project, including creating a new Tizen Studio for RT project, creating application resources, and building the project.
- Flash the project on the board.
- Use the serial terminal to communicate with the board.
- Debug the project to avoid runtime problems.
Check the following prerequisites before installing Tizen Studio for RT:
Java Development Kit (JDK) requirements
You must install a JDK 8 to use Tizen Studio. Do not install OpenJDK.
To install the appropriate JDK version for your Ubuntu system, go to the Ubuntu Web site and follow the detailed instructions for installing the Oracle® JDK version 8.
Operating system and hardware requirements
The following table lists the supported operating systems and hardware requirements for Tizen Studio for RT.
Table: Operating system and hardware requirements
|OS||Version||Ubuntu 16.04 / 14.04|
|Bit||64 bit / 32 bit|
|Hardware||CPU||Dual Core, 2 GHz or faster|
|Memory||3 GB or more|
|Disk space||6 GB or more|
RT platform requirements
For the additional requirements and guides related to building and flashing an RT application, see:
Package requirements for developing applications in Ubuntu
You must install the webkitgtk package. At the terminal prompt, enter the following command:
$ sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0
Docker CE for Ubuntu
To install Docker CE on Ubuntu, see Get Docker CE for Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu Only