SSH configuration file content
When working at home, you do not need a proxy, so the SSH configuration file is identical for all Linux distribution versions:
Host tizen review.tizen.org Hostname review.tizen.org IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa User <Gerrit_Username> Port 29418
When working in a corporate environment, a proxy line in the SSH configuration is mandatory, and its format depends on the Linux distribution version you are using.
For Ubuntu, openSUSE, and CentOS, append
ProxyCommand nc -X5 -x <Proxy Address>:<Port> %h %pto the SSH configuration, whereas for Fedora, append
ProxyCommand nc --proxy-type socks4 --proxy <Proxy Address>:<Port> %h %pinstead.
Problems when cloning through SSH/HTTP
If you are located in China, you can experience problems connecting to Google servers when downloading the repo tool, initializing the repository, and synchronizing Tizen source.
In a typical error situation, no error message is displayed when downloading the repo tool by using curl, but connection problems occur when attempting to run the
repo initcommand. In such cases, clear the Git HEAD and try running the repo commands through the
$ tsocks curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo $ tsocks repo init -u ssh://<Username>@review.tizen.org:29418/scm/manifest -b tizen -m ivi.xml $ tsocks repo init -u https://<Username>:<HTTPS_Password>@review.tizen.org/gerrit/p/scm/manifest -b tizen -m ivi.xml
When initializing and cloning through HTTP, you can be blocked by the “server certificate verification” issue. Run the following command and try again:
$ export GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1
Speed up a full build using GBS
- Normally a full build using GBS takes more time. So, GBS provides several options to speed up the build. You can see other build options on gbs-build page and use a recommended option in this page.
- For example:
$ gbs build -A i586 --threads=6 --define "_smp_mflags -j8" --baselibs --clean-once --skip-srcrpm
- number of threads to build multiple packages in parallel
- define macro X with value Y in format “X Y”
- allow jobs at once
- create -32bit/-64bit/-x86 rpms for other architectures.
- clean the build environment only once when you start building multiple packages. Later, use existing environment for all packages.
- don’t build source rpm file.