MIC Image Creator
MIC is an image creator used when creating images for Tizen. With the MIC tool, you can:
- Create images of different types for different verticals, such as:
- Live CD images
- Live USB images
- Raw images for KVM
- Loop images for IVI platforms
- fs images for chrooting
- Chroot into an image using MIC’s enhanced
- Convert an image to another image format.
This is a very useful function when handling situations sensitive to image format.
Before going into further MIC details, make sure you have set up the development environment and learned how to install and upgrade tools.
Afterwards, become familiar with MIC by reading the following instructions:
- Customizing Images describes how to modify the kickstart file to customize an image.
- MIC Reference describes, in more detail, how to use MIC.
- MIC Frequently Asked Questions describes frequently asked questions and known issues.
- Reporting MIC Issues describes how to report bugs and feature requests.
The source code is tracked in the https://github.com/01org/mic repository.
Copyright (c) 2012 Intel, Inc. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.