If you want to create applications that offer contact management
features to the user, Tizen provides various options for you.
You can handle people information in Tizen applications through various
entities, such as contacts, groups, accounts, and address books. Optimal
use of the contact features allows your application to take advantage of
the data stored in the Contacts database on the device to provide a
seamless user experience for the user.
When creating a contact application, you can implement the following
- Basic concepts
- To use contacts in the application, you must understand how the
Contacts database is structured and contacts aggregated
- To use contact details in the application, you must understand
how the information is organized in records and views, and how
you can access and modify it.
- Contact management
- You can manage contacts by creating and updating them.
- You can retrieve person information from the database with
various filtered queries, and delete persons and their related
contacts when no longer needed.
- You can manage the linking between contacts and persons to
ensure that each person has all related contacts attached to it.
- Group management
- You can ease the contact management tasks by grouping related
contacts to various groups.
- You can create, update, and delete groups.
- You can retrieve group information from the database with
various filtered queries.
- You can manage group members by adding and removing contacts
within a group.