Creating Applications with Contacts
If you want to create applications that offer contact management features to the user, Tizen provides various options for you.
You can handle people information in Tizen applications through various entities, such as contacts, groups, accounts, and address books. Optimal use of the contact features allows your application to take advantage of the data stored in the Contacts database on the device to provide a seamless user experience for the user.
When creating a contact application, you can implement the following features:
- Basic concepts
- To use contacts in the application, you must understand how the Contacts database is structured and contacts aggregated into persons.
- To use contact details in the application, you must understand how the information is organized in records and views, and how you can access and modify it.
- Contact management
- You can manage contacts by creating and updating them.
- You can retrieve person information from the database with various filtered queries, and delete persons and their related contacts when no longer needed.
- You can manage the linking between contacts and persons to ensure that each person has all related contacts attached to it.
- Group management
- You can ease the contact management tasks by grouping related contacts to various groups.
- You can create, update, and delete groups.
- You can retrieve group information from the database with various filtered queries.
- You can manage group members by adding and removing contacts within a group.