Creating Tizen Projects with Tizen Project Wizard
The Tizen Project Wizard is a Tizen Studio tool that is used to create a Web application project.
Tizen Studio provides various project templates and samples that make it easier for you to start coding your application. When you create a new project, you can select a specific template, which the Tizen Project Wizard uses to automatically create basic functionalities for the application. The default project files and folders are also created.
In the Tizen Project Wizard, you can select a profile and version, application type, and template or sample to create the project. In addition, you can set basic project properties, such as the project name, location, and working sets.
To open the Tizen Project Wizard, use one of the following:
- In the Tizen Studio menu, select File > New > Tizen Project.
- In the Tizen Studio toolbar, click the New icon ().
- Right-click in the Project Explorer view, and select New > Tizen Project.
- If there is no project in the workspace, click the New icon () in the Project Explorer view toolbar.
When the Tizen Project Wizard opens, you must first select the project type.
Figure: Selecting the project type
Tizen Studio provides various project templates and samples for mobile and wearable devices according to the installed platform. The Tizen Project Wizard helps you select a template or sample for your project.
The Template option provides a list of templates with a basic structure where you can start the Web application project:
- Basic UI: Empty template project for developing basic UI applications.
- TAU MasterDetail: Empty template project for developing UI applications using TAU (Tizen Web UI Framework).
- TAU MultiPage/SinglePage: Empty template projects for developing multiple page and single page applications using TAU.
- TAU Basic: Empty template project for developing basic circular UI applications using TAU.
- TAU List: Empty template project for developing UI applications using a TAU list.
- Widget: Empty template project for developing widget applications.
The Sample option provides a list of sample applications demonstrating various API usage and UI design.
To move to the next step, select the project type and click Next.
Profile and Version
You can select the profile and version supported by your project, such as a mobile or wearable device. In addition, Tizen Studio shows you which platforms among the supported platforms have been installed.
Based on the selected profile and version, a list of templates is shown in the template selection step.
Figure: Selecting the profile and version
To move to the next step, select the profile and version, and click Next.
Based on the selected application type, a list of templates is shown in the template selection step.
Figure: Selecting the application type
To move to the next step, select the application type and click Next.
You can select the template for your project while viewing information about a variety of templates. The Tizen Project Wizard creates the project based on the selected template.
Figure: Selecting the template
To move to the next step, select the template and click Next.
You can set basic project properties, such as the project name, location, and working sets.
Figure: Setting project properties
The options you can set are listed in the following table.
Table: Project properties
|Project name||A name for the project to be created.|
|Use default location||If you check this option, the project is created in the
|Location||Manually select the location of the project.
If you check the Use default location checkbox, this option is disabled.
|Working sets||If you want to include the project to a specific working set, select a working set.|
After specifying the options, click Finish to create the new project.
- Tizen Studio 1.0 and Higher