Get Started with Memory Profiling
Run Memory Profiler
If no Tizen device is connected and no Tizen emulators are running then launch Emulator Manager and launch the type of emulator you want to use for running and profiling your application.
Open the Command Palette and select Tizen.NET: Run Tizen memory profiler.
If everything is ok then the application starts as if you are running it normally.
The memory profiling data will be displayed with the Memory Profiler GUI after closing the application. The application can be closed by pressing the “Back” button.
Analyze the results
The GUI application provides several views of the memory profiling data. The views include the following:
- Summary page with information on which process was profiled, its total runtime, some memory related statistics, and so on.
- Bottom-up table tree view of the code locations that allocated memory with their aggregated cost and stack traces.
- Caller/Callee table.
- Top-down table tree view of the code locations.
- Managed heap table tree view.
- Flame graph visualization (explanation: http://www.brendangregg.com/FlameGraphs/memoryflamegraphs.html).
- Consumed memory size over time graph.
- Number of instances over time graph.
- Number of memory allocations over time graph.
- Size of memory allocated over time graph.
- Allocation histogram displaying the number of allocations (the total number and the several topmost code locations) belonging to one of the groups divided by allocation size (0 - 8 bytes, 9 - 16 bytes, … , 512 bytes - 1 KB, more than 1 KB).
Flame graph view sample
Memory allocations graph view sample
Allocation histogram view sample