Performing Network Analysis
The Network tab of the Dynamic Analyzer displays network information. It only supports the socket APIs of glibc.
The tab consists of the following views:
- Network chart shows socket operations (open/close, using, failed) as a time flow chart.
- Network API List table shows the socket APIs that are associated with the socket selected in the socket chart.
- Network Details view shows detailed information about the socket selected in the socket chart.
Figure: Network analysis
The network chart displays the socket object in a tree format using a graph.
Figure: Network chart
The color of the horizontal bar in the chart indicates the state of the socket:
- Yellow area indicates the socket state is open.
- Green area indicates the socket is closed.
The line in the bar indicates the status of the API of the socket:
- The upper line:
- Blue line indicates that the API has been used.
- Red line indicates that the API has failed.
- The lower line:
- Purple area or line indicates the read area of the socket.
- Lime green area or line indicates the write area of the socket.
Network API List
The Network API List table displays the APIs associated with the socket object selected in the network chart.
Figure: Network API List table
The table contains the following columns:
- # (integer): Unique log index
- Start Time (time): Time when the API was called
- Elapsed Time (time): Time to return after the call
- PID (integer): API process ID
- TID (integer): API thread ID
- API Name (text): API name
- Parameter: Input parameter of the API
- Return (integer): Return value
- Byte size (integer): Byte size received from the destination address
- Payload (text): Content of the data transfer
- Error code (text): Error description of the API; a normal end return is E_SUCCESS
The Network Details view displays detailed information about the network socket object selected in the network chart.
Figure: Network Details view
The view contains the following fields:
- Address: Destination address
- Receive size: Byte size received from the destination address
- Send size: Byte size sent to the destination address
- Usage time: Time using the socket object API
- API count: Total API count that is associated with the destination address
- Failed API count: Number of failed APIs
- send ack time: Received time after sending to the destination address
- Payload (ASCII): Content of the data transfer as ASCII
- Payload (hex Code): Content of the data transfer as Hex code
- Tizen Studio 1.0 and Higher